In the leisure industry, ticketshop is the face of your business. The perfect ticketshop helps you attract new visitors, drive conversions and ensure frictionless customer journey. Things like SEO and page speed are critical to the success of your website—and your business. This is how customers find and get to know you before even becoming customers. That’s why a well-designed ticketshop and a modern booking widget are important aspects of being a travel business owner.
For over a year, we have been upgrading our customers to the new and improved React booking widget experience and received a lot of positive feedback. Today we are ready to announce the end-of-support (EOS) and end-of-life (EOL) for iFrame booking widgets. We hope that this timeline will help you plan accordingly, ensure there are no interruptions to your day-to-day operations and adjust your timeline to accommodate support through the peak holiday season.
React widget helps you convert more visitors into paying customers and make the booking process as quick and painless as possible. Widget migrations can sound like a vague, confusing task—but it doesn’t have to be! Luckily, we have prepared a step-by-step guide for migrating to your booking widget with as few risks as possible. Let’s take a look at what React widget is and how it can help you improve your business.
iFrame Widget: What’s Next?
From June 1, 2023 Regiondo will no longer provide technical support for iFrame widgets. From December 1,2023, iFrame widgets won’t be available in the Regiondo dashboard anymore. Therefore, we strongly recommend all our customers to immediately switch to React widget and enjoy a better booking experience.
React Widget Availability Schedule
React Booking and Catalog widgets, the most important and popular widgets among our customers, are already available directly in the widget editor. The new ticket button and calendar are going to be released in Q3 2023. Review widget and cart widgets are currently under assessment; until then, you are free to use iFrame alternatives.
What is React widget?
Here are some advantages of React booking widget over iFrame:
- Enjoy modern design and high performance
- Increase your organic traffic thanks to a better ranking on Google
- Experience mobile-first approach and fast loading time
- Develop your partnerships via SubID
- Keep an eye on your business with Google Analytics 4
- Support for Google Pay and Apple Pay (coming soon)
- Priority support
React Widget examples
We have collected examples of our happy customers successfully switching to React widget. The new widget helps you convert more visitors into paying customers and make the booking process as quick and painless as possible. Check it out!
How to switch to React Widget?
In order to switch to React widget, you will need to replace the current iFrame code integrated on your website with the new React code. The migration process will look different depending on how many changes are being implemented. However, there are a few steps that are almost universal when migrating to a new widget:
- Plan the migration well ahead of time to minimize hiccups. The implementation might take several days (for example, if you have a booking widget implementation and a lot of products/languages).
- Go to Widget Editor and set up your new React widgets. If you are not able to do it on your own, don’t worry! Contact our technical support team and let us know you would like to migrate. Our experts will be happy to help you switch to React booking widget seamlessly and make your online business successful!
- Evaluate your metrics for several months after the migration to see what kind of results you’re getting and if anything still needs to be fixed.
Does migrating a website impact SEO?
The short answer is yes. Migrating to a new widget will impact your visibility in search engines. But it’s usually for the better, because React-based widget is much more SEO-friendly, responsive and quick. Preparing the migration plan will lower the chances of negatively impacting your rankings.
Talk with our experts about SEO migration requirements that should be used during the migration process. These items will help keep your SEO right where it should be.
Use our free SEO Grader tool to check your website SEO. If you’re looking to create a new website, look into Regiondo’s Website Builder. You don’t have to be a web designer to make a professional-looking website you love: Regiondo will help you. Get in touch with us to learn more!