Instameet – An Opportunity You Can’t Afford To Miss
Social media marketing – that’s a term that is thrown around pretty freely and without much thought. But what does it really mean? Twitter is still around, but we don’t seem to give it much thought anymore. Facebook’s more recent changes have made if far less effective for marketing purposes. That leaves just a couple of other major social media channels, so let’s take a look at Instagram, which just keeps rolling along gaining size and momentum. Afterwards we will take a look at Instameet.
- Instagram has over 800 million active monthly users
- It now has 500 million daily users
- 80% of Instagram users are outside the US
- 80% of users follow a business
- 60% of users say they discover new products on Instagram
- 75% of users take some kind of action after visiting a post
- 31% of all users make over $75,000 per year
Businesses simply can’t ignore Instagram. And that brings us to Instameet.
What Is an Instameet?
An Instameet is, basically, an event designed and organized by and for Instagram users with shared interests and passions (sometimes called an “Instagram community”), generally with the purpose of showcasing the attractions of a specific region or area. Or, more simply, it is a gathering of like-minded Instagrammers at a set time and place to take photos and then upload them to Instagram.
And this is bursting at the seams with potential for leisure providers and tour operators.
How Businesses Can Use Instameet
Initially just a way for Instagram fans to meet, explore a location, and take photos, Instameets have been picked up by brands as a way to connect with their customers, generate social buzz, and reach new audiences. The benefits include:
Connection and authenticity – An Instameet affords an opportunity for a real-life, real-time connection with your customers and influencers who care about your brand. You get to share your brand story and have it picked up and retold by those with social influence.
New audiences – Each attendee of an Instameet will spread the meet to his or her followers, to a potential audience of many thousands.
More content – Influencers and Instagrammers are some of the best content creators in the business. Inviting them into your world and giving them your products to photograph taps into this creative genius. The end result is a bevy of content that you can share on social platforms.
Have you ever thought about video marketing? Read our latest blog article for keys to effective video markting for activity providers.
How to Set Up a Successfull Instameet
Instameets offer small businesses an excellent way to engage with their Instagram followers and gain new ones. Following you can find the steps to organize such an event:
- Use Instagram tools – Instagram offers several tools to help you organize an Instameet, for example, blog and search tools
- Get the time right – Poll followers to determine the best time and date for your Instameet
- Choose the location carefully – The location you choose for your Instameet should exemplify and showcase your product and service offerings
- Plan an adventure or mini-tour – Find a way to give your Instagrammers a taste of your tour or activity offerings
- Use a unique promotional hashtag – Each Instameet will require two hashtags: one general one and one specific to the Instameet, which will be used to track social media mentions (e.g. #RegiondoInstameet)
- Create and broadcast an official invite – Make sure this invitation announces a unique and memorable event
- Document the event – A video record of the event can be shared across the web afterwards
- Send thank yous – The end of the Instameet isn’t the end of your connections with these people, so make sure to send personalized thank-you notes
When do you set up your own Instameet?
Having a presence nearly everywhere online, especially social media channels, is now a necessity for leisure providers and tour operators. Instagram, with its opportunity for Instameets, is fast overtaking Facebook. So consider scheduling an Instameet to get face to face with your followers. Then, when you’ve captured their attention, Regiondo has the booking software to help you get them fully on board.