4 Fun Ways to Succeed with Social Media
With the rise in social media usage, it is now more important than ever for your business to harness the power of social media to build brand loyalty and grow.
Statista reports there are currently over 3 billion internet users, and 2 billion of those users have active social media accounts. Social networking can help you gain valuable customer insights from those users. You can also run targeted ads and receive real time results. But social networking isn’t all about ads, it can also be fun and help you build customer relationships. Being present on social media also allows you to build brand awareness and loyalty. And, it makes it easier for your customers to find and connect with you on their time; as they go about their daily habits and browse their social feeds.
Succeed with social media and stay on top of trends, new features and advancements in technology.
Read these 4 Fun Ways how to do just that.
Reading time: 4 minutes
1. Go Live, With Live Streams
In 2016, live streaming was one of the biggest game changers in social media, and Facebook Live was named the most popular platform for live streaming.
A great advantage of using Facebook Live over other live streaming tools is that you already have an established audience. Anyone can live stream, and no event is too big or too small to broadcast.
It doesn’t take much of an investment to participate. If you don’t have top of the line recording equipment it’s not a big problem, a good smart phone will do the trick just fine.
- Invest Effort – When you can’t invest much money into live streaming, you should definitely invest time for a good content plan and strategy. Show something your audience actually wants to see- remember to ask yourself what they will gain from watching your stream and how it will benefit you in reaching your goal. Show them a site on one of your tours and share the amazing view. This way they’ll want to experience it in real life too. Or try broadcasting 10 minutes of your cooking course, they’ll wish they could taste and smell what’s cooking too. Regardless of what you broadcast, make sure it’s something informative, fun, or useful.
- Be Unique, Not Boring – Sometimes it’s nice to show something plain out weird or fascinating. It can help break down the routine and monotony of anyone’s day. Maybe you spot a weird looking insect or an animal that rarely comes out on your tour, or maybe an animal giving birth- quickly pull out your phone or camera and share the action. Whatever you do, give people something to talk about and remember you by.
- Create Urgency – Sometimes exciting moments occur without warning and there’s no time to tell your viewers you’ll be broadcasting. Other times you may have a scheduled event you want to broadcast, this is when you should remind your audience that you have an exciting event coming up. Create a sense of urgency and get your audience hyped up about your upcoming broadcast, this way more people are sure to tune in.
2. Use More 360 Degree Photos
Social media is about connecting more often and easier with one another, and breaking down barriers between people. Facebook is doing a great job at making 360 degree photos easy to use for everyone, and these 360 degree capabilities are making the experience of communicating on social media feel more natural than ever before. These photos hand over the control to the viewer unlike traditional photos, where the framing was controlled by the photographer. 360 degree photos are a great way to interact with your audience in a new way. It is more immersive and engaging compared to traditional photo and video, which means that now you can offer people a real glimpse of what it feels like to be on one of your tours, participating in one of your activities, and so much more!
Don’t have a 360 degree camera? No worries, you can also take a panorama picture with an iOS device or Samsung Galaxy phone and achieve the same effect by uploading the image as a 360 degree photo on Facebook.
3. Try Expiring Content
This may be one of the most fun features of Snapchat and Instagram. You can upload videos or photos that will disappear within 24 hours. Take advantage of this feature to have fun with offering discounts and special promotions, and letting your audience get a sneak peek inside the wonderful world of what you do best.
4. Reply Quickly or Get a Chatbot
We live in a fast-paced world, which means nobody likes to be kept waiting, and nobody certainly likes to be ignored- especially not customers paying good money for your services. Customers want answers, and they want them quickly. Provide your customers with a rich customer experience by remembering that time is of the essence. A prompt reply shows your customers that you care about their questions and concerns, and you value their feedback. Facebook now has 11,000 Chatbots which make it possible to automatically reply to your customers and engage with them in a conversation the moment they message you. Facebook displays your reply time to site visitors and Twitter will directly show your tweeted answers to public questions-which means you cannot afford to neglect your customers. People expect businesses to reply within 1 day. If you can maintain this time, it sends out a good message to your page visitors.
Let Us Know What You Think
Using social media is a great way to interact with and engage your customers while having fun building your brand. Read more about the importance of social media for the leisure industry in our guest post. Do you need more ideas on how to implement these tools into your social networking strategies or anything else you want us to write about? Contact us and let us know, we love to help.